A manager had a request the other day for a filter that would allow him to quickly search for an item in a list by the ID. I had done this numerous times at my former employer but couldn't remember how to. I reached out to 2 former colleagues (Erich and Erik) and they helped me out.
- Site Actions > Edit Page
- Add or Insert web part
- Choose Forms > HTML Form Web Part
- Edit Web Part
- Click Source Editor button in edit web part pane
- Add the following code
- Click OK
- Choose Connections > Provide Form Values to > Title of the list you wish to filter in the web part's dropdown
- Leave "Get Filter Values From" and click Configure
- Choose the Consumer Field Name you wish to filter
Note: You cannot choose more than one column with this type of filter
- Click Finish
- Click Stop Editing in the Ribbon
You can also find more details around this on Microsoft's site: LINK.